The Top End is teeming with birdlife, mammals, reptiles and marine life. The native animals you are most likely to come across are a variety of birds, wallabies, small mammals like possum and bandicoots, reptiles, snakes and bats.
The Field Guide of the Northern Territory App give you a great overview
Download your Android App
Download your iPhone App
Under the Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation Act 2006 (the Act) all wildlife is protected within the Northern Territory which means you will need a carers permit if you would like to become a Wildlife carer but you can legally provide first aid or call a wildlife rescue service for assistance.
- Learn more about our Wildlife Hospital and the service we offer.
- We like to encourage Wildlife Friendly Living
- Wildlife Encounters in and around Darwin
- What you can do to protect Wildlife, if you have a pet
- Tips for Wildlife Rescues