The Top End is teeming with birdlife, mammals, reptiles and marine life. The native animals you are most likely to come across are a variety of birds, wallabies, small mammals like possum and bandicoots, reptiles, snakes and bats.
The Field Guide of the Northern Territory App give you a great overview
Under the Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation Act 2006 (the Act) all wildlife is protected within the Northern Territory which means you will need a carers permit if you would like to become a Wildlife carer but you can legally provide first aid or call a wildlife rescue service for assistance.
- Learn more about our Wildlife Hospital and the service we offer.
- We like to encourage Wildlife Friendly Living
- Wildlife Encounters in and around Darwin
- What you can do to protect Wildlife, if you have a pet
- Tips for Wildlife Rescues