ArkAid Inc is currently operating from The Ark Animal Hospital in Palmerston.
We have a dedicated wildlife room and facilities in the clinic, outside facilities for sea turtles – including a crane to lift big sea turtles into the tank – and due to our main sponsor The Ark Vet we have free access to
- all veterinary facilities e.g. surgery, isolation and consulting rooms.
- veterinary equipment e.g. xray, full In-house Blood testing and complete laboratory facilities.
- outdoor facilities for sea turtles.
- knowledge base veterinarians and experienced vet nurses.
- Business connection including connections to research facilities, wildlife sanctuaries and zoos.
Last year we have been very fortunate to receive a Government Animal Welfare Grant which enabled us to purchase
- two intensive care units,
- a doppler machine,
- a dart gun
- and a microscope.
We also upgraded our cages to stainless steel and special reptile care tanks and trained people for handling raptors.
All our ArkAid members are either vets or vet nurses and contribute a wealth of knowledge for the treatment of different species of native animals.